Gemecs provides “one stop” specialist services in the fields of geological and mine modelling, resource and reserve evaluation and project feasibility studies. Our services include the following. Gemecs:
Gemecs (Pty) Ltd is a medium size geological company that renders geological and mining consulting services to the mining industry. Gemecs office is situated in Middelburg within South Africa. The team of consultants have experience over a large range of commodities in South Africa and the Southern Africa region. These include coal, platinum group of metals, manganese, chrome, iron ore, mineral sands, coal-bed methane and uranium.
Our experience ranges over all geological aspects of geology. This includes target generation, prospecting permit applications, exploration management, drilling core description, core sampling, geophysical data capture, underground and surface mapping, geological databases, geological resource and ore body modelling, project management, grade control, conceptual studies, pre-feasibility studies, feasibility studies, due diligence studies, review and auditing of geological models, geological report writing, and Competent Person’s Reports (SAMREC, JORC and CANADIAN NI43-101). With our vast experience and knowledge we can add significant value to exploration, projects approvals, execution phases and operations.
Gemecs delivers a range of geological and mining evaluation solutions to a range of prominent clients through a strong complement of experienced, registered professionals from the minerals industry.
In addition to its core team and associates the company works in partnership with a series of independent consultants and specialists in associated fields such as:
- ECMA Consulting (Pty) Ltd (Johannesburg, RSA)
- HFPROCON (Pty) Ltd (Johannesburg, RSA)
- Eco-Gain Consulting(Environmental Services) (Pretoria, RSA)
- GaiaPix. Remote sensing for the mining industry (Johannesburg, RSA)
- Dassault Geovia (Midrand, RSA)
- Marcus Chatfield – Wireline Workshop (RSA)
- Micromine – Geobank database
- Sable Data Works (Randburg, RSA)
- Trevor Cufflin Surveys (RSA)
- GaiaPix. Remote sensing for the mining industry (Johannesburg RSA)
Vision & Mission
We are independent geological consultants providing a world class service in mineral resource management.
We contribute to the strategic success of our clients by providing ethical, innovative, functional and technologically advanced solutions, by collaborating with well-positioned expert networks and by providing ownership value and growth opportunities to our staff.
- Gemecs does work on a global basis, signified by the circle.
- The abstract representation of a mine shaft shows Gemecs’ involvement in mining projects.
- Gemecs’ specific branch of geology is illustrated by the different geological formations as found in typical geological drawings.